Guest Haifa hookers

Is there any prostitution hot spots in Haifa, Israel?

Well, according to the following article they are trying to kill the sex trade in Haifa.

Haifa, Israel: Ending the Cycle of Prostitution

2009-12-14 ntd.tv

In Israel there’s a special program to help women out of the cycle of prostitution. 

Aid workers give women hope, caring and warmth to help them build up the confidence the women need to make a positive change in their lives.

This safe hostel gives women a way out… a roof over their heads, a warm shower and a hot meal.

[Rocha, Hostel Mentor]: 

“We go down to the streets, and a few times a week bring the girls in, we take them in… they can come at any time or hour… before anything we love them and we do not judge them.”

[Michal Cohen, Hostel Manager]: 

“We treat women who were previously or currently are engaged in prostitution, women with additional problems such as drugs or alcohol addiction. We treat them at any hour since we are open 24/7… our aim is that the patient will dictate the treatment method according to her needs. Every woman can ask for help in whatever she finds necessary, and we adjust ourselves to her.”

[Mirit Danon, Former Dir., Authority for the Advancement of the Status of Women]: 

“The program includes occupational and psychological rehabilitation, and to my great pleasure also a program for explaining the situation among high school students. It also includes a program for raising the awareness among the general public.”

The program’s message…

[Zipi Nahshon Glik, Domestic Violence Counselor]: 

“It is possible to escape the cycle of prostitution. It is a complex and weary process, but it can be achieved.” 

Professional counselors say prostitution often stems from domestic violence, forcing women on the streets, with no other way to make a living.

Although the number of female trafficking reports is down, there is still a need to educate the general public about the issue.

[Zipi Nahshon Glik, Domestic Violence Counselor]: 

“The message for the public is that prostitution is not a profession and not practiced by free choice. It is slavery, a modern form of slavery which must be fully condemned in every possible way.”

People like this woman, recovering from drug addiction and prostitution, are living proof change can happen.

[Rocha, Hostel Mentor]: 

“There is hope, there is faith that it is possible and they are allowed to live.”

Allowed to live a new life, with a new beginning

This Report was Done by Zanet Zrian and Rakefer Tabor

Photographer: Rachel Berestetsky

Reporter: rakeffet tavor

Photographer: Rachel berestetsky

NTD, Haifa, Israel.

Guest Haifa Prostitutes
Another good article about prostitution in Haifa. Does anyone have any personal trip reports from Haifa?

Knesset committee tours shelters for women in prostitution in Haifa area

Nearly half of those who seek care from clinics or shelters for prostitutes and sexually abused women in and around Haifa are from the former Soviet Union, and 15 percent are Arabs, according to statistics presented Sunday to members of the Knesset Subcommittee on Trafficking in Women and Prostitution.

The MKs were participating in a tour of the facilities. They included Female Horizon, which helps women who have survived living on the streets; an ELEM shelter that helps youth at risk; a mobile clinic assisting prostitutes; and a shelter in Usfiya for female migrants from Africa who were sexually abused in Sinai while making their way to Israel.

The committee heard the story of a young woman who endured abuse and harassment at school and ran away from home because she was living in an unsupportive environment.

“My mom was always frustrated that we didn’t have anything to eat,” the woman told the committee members. “At 15 I ran away from home for half a year because there was no one to help and accept me.

I went to Tel Aviv and had nowhere to sleep. I lived under blocks near garbage cans.”

She was eventually arrested, and after pleading with police and welfare services not to send her home, she was sent to an orphanage. She served in the IDF for three years but was thrown into prison twice for desertion. Upon her discharge she had nowhere to turn.

“This is what I have been reduced to in order to support myself,” she said, referring to prostitution.

The mobile clinic is the only unit that goes out into the streets and offers direct assistance to prostitutes. It operates mostly in the Haifa area, though it recently expanded its operations northward to Acre and southward to Hadera.

The staff consists of a driver, two nurses, a counselor and a social worker – all of whom work just a few hours a week due to budgetary constraints.

“We have reached a point where salaries are not paid and we have no money to buy medications,” clinic director Noga Shiloach told the MKs.

The mobile unit was established following a marked increase of sexually transmitted diseases in 2009. It offers medical testing, medications, information, contraception and gynecological exams twice a week. Since its inception it has treated around 800 women.

Female Horizon has been in operation since 2009 within the framework of the national program to assist women in prostitution. It operates with full funding from the Welfare and Social Services Ministry and in cooperation with the Haifa Municipality. It provides services to the entire northern region, and the majority of the women living there are not from the Haifa area.

“At the beginning of the next session the committee will discuss budgetary planning with the welfare and social services minister and director-general,” committee chairman MK David Tsur said during the tour.

“We must solve the problem of matching [budget allocations], which falls upon the local authorities, and provide a more just distribution to the periphery,” Tsur said. “Expanding the response given to the most disadvantaged women is the need of the hour, and I am sure that the minister will respond to the needs of immigrants and those shouting from the field.” Source jpost.com