Reeperbahn Brothels

There are quite many Brothels on the Reeperbahn. There is everything from mangy "staircase brothels" to decorated places. You can easily go to a brothel and sit and have a drink for a relatively cheap price without encountering any gangster owner. You may assume that the hookers will be on you like flies. This does however that these places are not as suitable as bar pubs.

The so-called staircase brothels mentioned earlier is basically a stairwell of flats without front entrance doors. On the various floors are a number of girls which offers you to go inside "her place."

Herbertstrasse Reeperbahn

Herbertstraße (Herbert Strasse) is a street shielded from other streets with big planks. These fences are designed to protect younger crowd from view but there are openings at each end of the street where you can go through. This street is prohibited for women and younger people because there are prostitutes in shop windows which offers their services. The reason that it is forbidden for girls to go inside the perimeter is probably to keep street hookers away.

• Like 1

Guest Red light district Paris
Article I found from "thrillist.com" about Reeperbahn.

HAMBURG -- REEPERBAHN

What to expect: While it’s almost impossible to enter a place like Cologne's Pascha or Amsterdam's De Wallen without everyone knowing what you’re up to, Hamburg’s red-light district, Reeperbahn, is a huge nightlife area with great bars, restaurants, theaters, and clubs. You know, in addition to your standard sex shops, sex museums, erotic theaters, and strip clubs.

Sex work's only available at certain times of the day and is limited to one street, Herbertstraße; it's actually partitioned off by a wall so as not to offend minors and demure ladies. In Hamburg, strip clubs have overtaken prostitution in terms of popularity and there are fewer than 400 working ladies currently employed on Herbertstraße, down 50% from a decade ago. The more you know...

What it’ll cost: Most strip clubs charge around a $41 (€30) cover, and the ones that don’t will make up for it with $28 (€20) drinks. For some alone time with a lady of the night, it’s the European standard (but negotiable), $69 (€50) for 15 minutes. We didn't even make the Euro to Dollar conversion up. Erotic massage parlors will cost you around $69-$207 (€50-150) an hour.

Be warned: Be careful if you're asked to buy a stripper a glass of orange juice (orangensaft). The "orange juice" is actually an offer for the woman to sit down with you, usually at a cost of between $28-55 (€20-40).

Did you know? The area was made famous by, none other than, The Beatles, who apparently loved to hit up the strip clubs earned their musical stripes playing in Reeperbahn music clubs early in their career. Their impact on the area is commemorated with a Beatles Square.

Guest Reeperbahn RLD

I visited Reeperbahn in begin of July. This was at around 5-7am in the thursday morning. Place was super quiet. I parked our car with my friend and we had some break fest at the McDonalds (couple special sandwiches and coffees).

There was no girls at all on the street or in that alley that is blocked with barricades. Only place we found girls was that Eros Centre Laufhaus with beer 1 euro sign at the front. There was few girls working on the each floor and while we walked up the price was about 50 euros, but when we came down the stairs the price kept dropping to 30 euros. Neither one of us founded good enough girl to spend our money on. So we ended up leaving Reeperbahn empty handed.

Guest RockyMarciano

Is price always 50 euros in Reeperbahn or is there any places where you could negotiate the price down to 20 or 30 euros. 50 euros seems way too much to me. I do not understand why price is only 30 euros in Frankfurt example?