List prices at most joints in Geylang currently stand at $100 dollars for a rather ugly chicken and $200 for the more sexy variety. However, because of the STD scare, it is obvious that business has been affected. All the brothel keepers are therefore willing to lower prices in order to keep their customers coming back for more. Just open your mouth and ask and you will be given a nice big discount. The $100 variety can therefore be enjoyed for about $80 while the market rate for the premium $200 premium category can be fucked for $150. You can probably get a slighty larger discount if you are regular customer. 

Some more Geylang Prostituition Info:

All  brothels that are located in the designated zone south of Geylang Road(which starts with Lorong 2 and extends all the way to Lorong 30) are legal. The hookers that operate there are issued with special certificates which allow them to ply their trade. However, prostitutes are not allowed to solicit sex by the roadside or at the hotel lobbies in the area. Usually price for sex in Geylang start from $40 if you look good and talk well.

Guest Geylang Erotic Massage
Article about prostitution in Geylang. Interesting stuff to read.

Economics of prostitution in Geylang

zogeylang29-02_TNP.jpg?itok=BbZNd-0P

Janice Tai And Toh Yong Chuan

My Paper

Thursday, Sep 04, 2014

Source news.asiaone.com

SINGAPORE - The typical freelance streetwalker in Geylang is 26 years old, services four clients a day for $70 each on average, and earns about $3,200 a month after deducting rent and other expenses.

Almost all are foreigners from China, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia, said a study by three universities which has, for the first time, shed some light on the veiled world of freelance prostitutes in Geylang.

The findings are based on face-to-face interviews with 177 prostitutes over the last two years by three academics from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Boston University and Fudan University.

The study is "an important contribution to the field of labour economics in general", said researcher Leong Kaiwen, an assistant professor in economics at NTU. "To the best of our knowledge, our work is the first of its kind because such data is rare."

The freelancers are not based in brothels. Many come to Singapore as tourists; others moonlight while holding other jobs here.

Prostitution is not an offence in Singapore, but it is against the law to solicit in public or for pimps to live off the earnings of prostitutes.

One of the study's key findings is that prostitutes pick and choose their clients, charging some more and others less.

For instance, Caucasians are typically asked to pay $81 because they are perceived to be more willing and able to pay. Chinese are charged $69, while Bangladeshis pay the lowest at $44, because they are seen as less wealthy.

Some prostitutes also prefer not to have Indian and Bangladeshi clients.

"This data gives us a broader understanding of how discrimination operates and policymakers can use it to tackle discrimination in other markets and contexts," said another researcher behind the study, Huailu Li, assistant professor at Fudan University in China.

The unusual work has been presented at economic conferences in Singapore, China and the United States. It is scheduled to be presented in France later this month.

It has even piqued the interest of the authorities here. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Health Promotion Board (HPB) have asked for the paper and given their views. When contacted, MHA confirmed that it had asked for a copy of the report but did not give further details. HPB could not respond by press time.

"Discrimination is a very important aspect of labour economics and has been extensively studied by economists," said Dr Leong.

"Many prominent economists, like Steve Levitt from the University of Chicago, have worked with data on prostitutes in the US to analyse issues."

Professor Levitt's best-selling book, Freakonomics, applied economic principles to unconventional topics such as cheating in schools and drug dealing.

The study shows the "survival strategies used by sex workers" in Geylang, said Vanessa Ho, 26, an advocate for sex workers' rights, who was recently named Young Activist of the Year by gender-equality advocacy group Aware.

But she added: "I do not find that the research helps us in solving issues such as sex trafficking or general labour exploitation in the industry."

Dr Leong said the study did not ask the women if they were forced to work as sex workers as it was deemed too sensitive.

Guest Geylang Sex Price

I am a white 32 yo male. I am going to Philippines and I have overnight layover in Singapore. My friend told me to take a cab to the Geylang area and rent a cheap hotel which costs about 20 euros. I was wondering if I need to bargain a lot, or is price same in Geylang red light district for tourists and locals?

Thanks