Soi Cowboy is one of the best known red light districts in Bangkok. It is also one of Bangkok's most visited tourists attractions.

Soi Cowboy runs immediately behind Sukhumvit Road and is located between Sukhumvit Soi 23 and Asoke Road (Sukhumvit Soi 21).

It is one of Bangkok's favourite late night entertainment centres in the heart of Bangkok.

Ask any tuk tuk driver or taxi driver and they will take you there. It is within fairly short distance of all the major Sukhumvit Road hotels. Alternatively you can take the Sky Train (BTS) and get off at Asoke Station or the Bangkok Subway System (MRT) and get off at the Sukhumvit Station. Both are a few minutes walk to Soi Cowboy.

There are currently around 35 bars and gogo bars but this always changes with time and bars close and new bars open. GoGo Bars make up the majority of the venues.

You can Pick up any girl from any bar just need to pay the barfine. The bar fee is between 300 - 600 bath. Price for sex is 800 -1500THB depending what you want and your negotiation skills.

Good Luck Mongers!!

I think Soi Cowboy is way over priced these days. Prices are same as in Germany. Maybe you get a little more time in Thailand for sex. But I do not personally need more than 10 minutes.

Soi Cowboy is one of the many areas of Bangkok notorious for adult entertainment. No need to scour this city for a strip club—they’ve got places all over for go-go dancing, usually adding a peepshow to the dancing. A joint worth scoping is Tilac, refurbished a few years ago and one of the best spots for girl-dancing in Bangkok. Have a beer to calm your nerves (or get them going) at the flashy bar outside the club, and then make a rock star entrance into a room with a gigantic four-armed stage. Sometimes there will be 20 girls strutting it at once, and that’s not including the dozens of prowling ‘Coyote Girls’ just waiting to howl at the moon with you. Going all the way will run you about $40—a tenth of the crappy bj you got in Vegas from that classy lady on the corner.

Tilac's

Soi Cowboy

Bangkok, Thailand   

Guest Red light district Paris
Here is another article I found from "thrillist.com" about Soi Cowboy.

THAILAND -- SOI COWBOY

What to expect: Soi Cowboy is not a government designated “leisure zone”, so it's one of the seedier red-light districts in Thailand. Although like the country’s other RLD, Patpong, sex shows are the main draw here. While prostitution (and nude dancing) is illegal in Thailand, it's tolerated and partially regulated. Most of the women working in the go-go bars (including the bartenders and waitresses) are available for a price; whether they say yes or not depends on a lot of factors -- namely, how disgusting you are and how much coin you’re willing to drop. It’s customary to buy a drink for a lady if you’re interested, FYI. Sound familiar?

What it’ll cost: If you leave the go-go bar with one of its employees, you have to pay a “bar fine", usually around $15. From there you negotiate a rate directly with the woman for her services. Rates start around $45 for up to an hour but can extend to $125, you know, if you'd like her to stay the night and cuddle, or talk about why your GF left (go figure) or why you didn't get that big promotion at work. Between the price of drinks, the bar fine, and the hourly rate, you're looking at about $75 minimum.

Be aware: Don’t talk poorly about the Thai monarchy to folks in Thailand (even to sex workers) -- doing so has landed some loud-mouth tourists in jail.

Did you know? Nightlife columnist Bernard Trink gave Soi its name, after the late T. G. "Cowboy" Edwards. He was a retired American airman who, in addition to oft sporting a cowboy hat, opened one of the first bars there in 1977.

Hi

I'm visiting Bangkok in a week to celebrate the new years.

I noticed a post saying that the go go bars have signs saying you have to be 20 to enter???

Are the bars strict on that or is the sign just decoration?

I'm only 18 so wondering if I would be able to get in or not, as here in Australia I would have no trouble at a similar establishment. 

Hi

I'm visiting Bangkok in a week to celebrate the new years.

I noticed a post saying that the go go bars have signs saying you have to be 20 to enter???

Are the bars strict on that or is the sign just decoration?

I'm only 18 so wondering if I would be able to get in or not, as here in Australia I would have no trouble at a similar establishment. 

Some of the bars can be strict, but most are not. Some gogo bars can have higher age limit because they want wealthier customers and not young guys who have little money.

My guess is, if you dress and act well, you will get in to the every single club.

prices are now higher than quoted as they got too greedy on drink prices and BFs ,girls are in and out very quick these days ,shortime could be 2000 - 3000 baht plus BF

once again stickmanbangkok dot com gives weekly updates on the bar scene

or stickboybangok dot com as well